Position: Project Officer for the Global Standard for CSO Accountability
Starting date: 1 September
How to apply: Please upload your application below, as a single PDF document with your name and job reference “Global Standard Project Officer” in the document title. Your application should consist of a CV and letter of interest.
Application deadline: 26 July 2019
Accountable Now is a global platform that supports civil society organisations (CSOs) to be transparent, responsive to stakeholders and focused on delivering impact. Our 29 members operate in more than 150 countries. Together we develop and implement cutting edge practices to strengthen CSO relationships with communities, partners, activists, staff or donors to deliver better impact.
Four years ago, Accountable Now partnered with 9 other civil society networks from around the world (Vani, CCC, Rendir Cuentas, InterAction, Deniva, Viwango, Acfid, BCSDN) to develop a Global Standard for CSO Accountability with the purpose of strengthening the effectiveness of CSOs worldwide and promoting a more dynamic approach to accountability.
The Global Standard has proven to be a very useful tool for different types of CSOs to benchmark and improve their own work. In this regard, organisations have improved their codes, used it as a self-assessment tool, have adopted the commitments and are currently reporting against them. The Initiative is at a moment where uptake, implementation, documentation and learning is key to the sustainability of the initiative.
Accountable Now, as host to the Global Standard Secretariat, is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the work related to the Global Standard. The main goals for this period include strengthening the collaboration and learning between the Partners; promote a community of practice where civil society organisations from around the world can continue to learn, share and explore different ways in which Dynamic Accountability can be a lever for change and work to build a sustainable platform.
To advance these goals, Accountable Now is currently looking for a Project Officer for the Global Standard for CSO Accountability.
Since 2010, Accountable Now is hosted by the International Civil Society Centre in Berlin (Germany). The Centre works with international CSOs to help them maximise their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Liaise, coordinate, prepare and facilitate regular meetings (calls) and activities with the Partners
- Coordinate logistics for meetings (venue, travel, accommodation, etc.)
- Update partners on a regular basis
- Develop a strong database of CSOs interested in the Global Standard and engage them in the sharing, learning process
- Monitor and update the project budget, draft financial and narrative reports for the donor in close cooperation with the Executive Director and the other Programme Officer.
- Identify strategic opportunities to disseminate the Global Standard
- Liaise with the other Accountable Now projects to identify synergies and potentiate efforts.
- Provide support to the Executive Director
- Other tasks as necessary
- Undergraduate university degree or professional qualification in business administration, management, finance, social science, public administration, economics, or another relevant field
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience and knowledge of the civil society sector.
- Basic understanding of and experience in the area of good CSO governance.
- Excellent coordination skills, ability to work under pressure with focus and to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to monitor and analyse budgets.
- Some experience with communications (social media)
- Independent and proactive attitude, strong sense of ownership for assigned areas of responsibility
- Ability to work creatively within the restrictions of a small budget
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Professional language proficiency in English; additional languages, French an asset
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Willingness to travel to meetings
- A 12-month contract (including a 6 months’ probation period) with possibility of extension
- The possibility to be part of a young, international, dynamic and ambitious organisation with enthusiastic colleagues.
Working hours: 40 hours/week (100% FTE)
Holidays: 26 days p.a.
Salary: 2,500 – 3,000 EUR gross salary per month depending on experience
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contract period/Starting date: 1 September
If you are interested please submit your application by July 26. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include:
➢ Letter of interest