Position: Programme Intern – Leave No One Behind
Contract Period/Starting Date: as soon as possible
How to Apply: Your application should consist of a CV and cover letter expressing what you would like to learn in this internship (English); please include your possible starting date and desired duration of the internship. It should be submitted through our online application form, which can be found below
Application Deadline: 30 June; early submissions encouraged
The International Civil Society Centre helps international civil society organisations (ICSOs) maximise their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world.
The Centre works with ICSOs to successfully navigate change. We scan the horizon for opportunities and threats; enable learning and cooperation among ICSOs and their stakeholders; support ICSOs in developing effective leadership; and promote robust accountability to strengthen ICSOs’ legitimacy. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned by the organisations it serves. We strive to set high standards in management, governance and strategy for ICSOs and the wider sector.
The Leave No One Behind Project
The Leave No One Behind project was launched in September 2017, representing a highly influential coalition of 12 ICSOs and strategic partners at global and national level. The project has a dual goal: It aims to fill knowledge gaps in the SDG implementation, focusing on marginalised groups and their needs. At the same time it wants to trigger responsive action through a joint advocacy strategy targeting both public authorities in the project countries, as well as key political fora and institutions at the global and regional levels. The project is currently in its pilot phase which is carried out simultaneously in five countries. It is our ambition to scale it up to a 4-year project to be successfully carried out in 20 countries by 2022. Thereby our group wants to make a major contribution to the success of the SDGs, helping to make the voices of marginalised groups worldwide heard and count.
The Centre is currently looking for an intern to support our multi-year project Leave No One Behind.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Researching and supporting outreach to potential new partners, donors and other stakeholders
- Supporting the external communication of the project, including updating information on our website and supporting social media work
- Supporting the development of an advocacy plan, including background research on relevant events, partners and advocacy strategies
- Supporting the coordination of the project and the partners, including the preparation of meetings and calls, updating budgets, etc.
- Supporting the Project Manager in project development and management
The intern will mainly work with the Project Manager of Leave No One Behind but will have opportunities to get to know other areas of the Centre’s work.
- Enrolment in an ongoing study programme (“Immatrikulationsbescheinigung”) in a relevant field, such as Political Science/International Relations or Political Communication and looking for a compulsory internship (“Pflichtpraktikum”)
- Good research skills and ability to familiarise quickly with new issues and concepts
- Previous experience in the civil society sector and knowledge of the Sustainable Development Agenda would be strong assets
- Diligent, reliable and focused way of working with strong attention to detail
- Strong teamwork skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Very good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Some experience in data analysis and data visualisation would be an asset
- A 3-6 months internship
- Work experience and a thorough insight into the development of large project with many stakeholders aiming to serve the most marginalised communities.
- Insights into the civil society sector and the work of the world’s largest ICSOs
- The opportunity to be part of a young, international, dynamic and ambitious organisation with enthusiastic colleagues supporting the world’s largest ICSOs
Working hours: 20-40 hrs per week, negotiable
Holidays: depending on working days, based on 26 holidays p.a.
Compensation: 350 € per month, before tax for a full-time internship
Location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: as soon as possible
Your application should:
- consist of a CV and cover letter expressing your motivation and what you would aim to learn during your internship (in English);
- include the earliest possible starting date, suggested work hours/month and desired length of the internship;
- be submitted through our online application form by 30 June. Please submit your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference “Internship” in the document title.
We have interviews on a rolling basis, so don’t hesitate to apply! Please also note that we can unfortunately only contact short-listed candidates.