Position: IT & HR Officer
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply: Please upload your application below, as a single PDF document with your name and job reference “IT & HR Officer” in the document title. Your application should consist of a CV, cover letter (incl. salary expectations, earliest possible start date, and suggested amount of hours/week), and references expressing your motivation and capturing why you are a suitable candidate for this position (in English).
Application deadline: 7 August 2019
The International Civil Society Centre helps the leading international civil society organisations (ICSOs) maximise their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world.
The Centre works with ICSOs to successfully navigate change. We scan the horizon for opportunities and threats; enable learning and cooperation among ICSOs and their stakeholders; support ICSOs in developing effective leadership; and promote robust accountability to strengthen ICSOs’ legitimacy. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned by the organisations it serves. We strive to set high standards in management, governance and strategy for ICSOs and the wider sector.
The Centre is currently looking for an IT & HR Officer to maintain and update its IT infrastructure, provide technical support, and help develop a modern, digital working culture. With the help of IT, you will be responsible to structure our HRM, improve our HR policies, processes and practices, and help create a friendly, comfortable work environment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Take on the lead in the Centre’s IT Administration
- Administer Office365 and CiviCRM systems;
- Provide basic technical support to staff and update IT Handbook as needed;
- Liaise with service providers (Office 365, external remote IT support);
- Purchase, inventory and monitor IT hardware and software;
- Work with our Data Protection Officer to improve IT security;
- Contribute to the development of an IT strategy.
2. Take the lead on the Centre’s HR administration
- Administer all HR-related tasks for 20-25 employees, together with our external service provider;
- Administer all HR-related processes in our digital HR system:
- Set up automated reporting and contract templates in our HRM system;
- Compile reports when needed;
- Draft job announcements and contracts;
- Manage applications, interviews and induction of new team members.
3. Take the lead on day-to-day operations management
- Uphold effective channels of communication within the team;
- Maintain and update office handbooks and policies;
- Liaise with service providers to ensure smooth running of the office;
- Take ownership over communal spaces;
- Plan team events, such as winter and summer outings, quarterly office cleans, etc.;
- Update inventory and maintain electronic and physical files.
The IT & Human Resources Officer reports to the Operations Director but will also work with other team members on a regular basis.
- Proven professional experience in the administration of hard- and software as well as digital tools in a company or NGO is mandatory;
- Initial experience in HRM is an asset;
- You should be tech savvy and familiar with setting up processes and project management;
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Independent and proactive attitude, strong sense of ownership for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Ability to work in a team and in a structured and independent manner;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent in English and German, both written and spoken
- A 2 year contract, with the possibility of extension
- Work experience and a thorough insight into the management and financial administration of a small non-for profit organisation
- The opportunity to be part of a young, international, dynamic and ambitious organisation with enthusiastic colleagues supporting the world’s largest ICSOs
Working hours: 40 hours per week, negotiable
Holidays: depending on working days, based on 26 holidays p.a.
Salary: we offer a competitive salary, based on qualifications
Location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: As soon as possible
Your application should:
- consist of a CV, cover letter (incl. salary expectations) and references expressing your motivation and capturing why you are a suitable candidate for this position (in English);
- include the earliest possible starting date and suggested amount of hours/week;
- be submitted through our online application form by 31 July 2018. Please submit your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference “IT and HR Officer” in the document title.
Interviews will take place between August 12-16 2019. Please note that we can only contact short-listed candidates.
We look forward to receiving your application!