Position: IT Administration Working Student
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply: Please upload your application below, as a single PDF document with your name and job reference “IT Student Assistant” in the document title. Your application should consist of a CV, cover letter (incl. salary expectations, earliest possible start date, and suggested amount of hours/week), and references expressing your motivation and capturing why you are a suitable candidate for this position (in English).
Application deadline: 30 August 2019
The International Civil Society Centre helps the leading international civil society organisations (ICSOs) maximise their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world.
The Centre works with ICSOs to successfully navigate change. We scan the horizon for opportunities and threats; enable learning and cooperation among ICSOs and their stakeholders; support ICSOs in developing effective leadership; and promote robust accountability to strengthen ICSOs’ legitimacy. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned by the organisations it serves. We strive to set high standards in management, governance and strategy for ICSOs and the wider sector.
The Centre is currently looking for an IT Administration Working Student to maintain and update its IT infrastructure, provide technical support, and help develop a modern, digital working culture.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Administer Office365 and CiviCRM systems for 20-25 team members;
- Research and purchase of inventory and monitor IT hardware and software;
- Provide basic technical support to staff;
- Liaise with service providers (Office 365, Comdok, BBT);
- Work with our Data Protection Officer to improve IT security;
- Contribute to the development of an IT strategy;
- Update IT Handbook as needed.
The IT Administration Working Student reports to the Operations Director but will also work with other team members on a regular basis.
- Initial professional experience in the administration of hard- and software;
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Independent and proactive attitude, strong sense of ownership for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Ability to work in a team and in a structured and independent manner;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent in English and German, both written and spoken
- A 6-month contract
- Work experience and a thorough insight into the management and financial administration of a small non-for profit organisation
- The opportunity to be part of a young, international, dynamic and ambitious organisation with enthusiastic colleagues supporting the world’s largest ICSOs
Working hours: 10-15 hours per week, negotiable
Holidays: depending on working days, based on 26 holidays p.a.
Salary: based on negotiation
Location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: As soon as possible
Your application should:
- consist of a CV and cover letter expressing your motivation, capturing why you are a suitable candidate for this position (in English);
- include the earliest possible starting date, salary expectation and suggested amount of hours/week;
- be submitted through our online application form below by 30 August 2018. Please submit your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference “IT Student Assistant” in the document title.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis in Berlin. Please note that we can only contact short-listed candidates.
We look forward to receiving your application!