Position: Fundraising and Communications Intern
Contract period/Starting date: January 2019
How to apply: Your application should consist of a CV and cover letter expressing your motivation, enclose relevant certificates, one reference including their contact details, and include your possible starting date. It should be submitted through our online application form (below) by 21 November 2018 at the latest.
Application deadline: 21 November 2018
The International Civil Society Centre helps the world’s leading international civil society organisations (ICSOs) maximise their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world.
The International Civil Society Centre (the Centre) works with ICSOs to develop strategies for successfully navigating change. We scan the horizon for exciting opportunities; enable learning and cooperation among ICSOs and their stakeholders; support ICSOs with developing effective leadership and promote robust accountability to strengthen ICSOs’ legitimacy. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned by the organisations it serves. We strive to set high standards in management, governance and strategy for ICSOs and the wider sector.
The Centre is currently looking for a Communications and Fundraising Intern to join the team!
- Supporting the communication and fundraising work of the Centre,
- Monitoring and updating information on our website and social media networks
- Planning and preparing posts for our social media channels and selecting or creating accompanying images
- Flagging messages on social media channels that require urgent responses
- Supporting the fundraising activities of the Centre, including donor research; organisation of meetings and calls; and funding applications preparations
- Researching background information on relevant topics for the civil society sector, such as youth engagement, governance, inequality, and climate change
The intern will mainly work with the Fundraising and Communications team but will have opportunities to get to know other areas of the Centre’s work.
What we are looking for
- Enrolment in an ongoing study programme (“Immatrikulationsbescheinigung”) in a relevant field, such as Communications/Marketing or Political Science/International Relations, and looking for a compulsory internship (“Pflichtpraktikum”)
- Interest in the civil society sector
- Very good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Diligent, reliable and focused way of working with strong attention to detail
- Strong teamwork skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- A 3-6 months internship
- Work experience and a thorough insight into the management and programme of a small non-for profit organisation
- Insights into the civil society sector and the work of the world’s largest ICSOs
- The opportunity to be part of a young, international, dynamic and ambitious organisation with enthusiastic colleagues supporting the world’s largest ICSOs
Working hours: 30-40 hrs per week, negotiable
Holidays: depending on working days, based on 26 holidays p.a.
Compensation: 350 € per month, before tax for a full-time internship
Location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: January 2019
Application for the position
Your application should:
- consist of a CV and cover letter expressing your motivation and what you would aim to learn during your internship (in English);
- include the earliest possible starting date and desired length of the internship;
- be submitted through our online application form by 21 November 2018. Please submit your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference “Internship” in the document title.
Interviews will take place in the week of 26-30 November in Berlin. Please note that we can only contact short-listed candidates.
We look forward to receiving your application!