Position: Fundraising and Communications Intern
Contract Period/Starting Date: as soon as possible
How to Apply: Your application should consist of a CV and cover letter expressing what you would like to learn in this internship (English); please include your possible starting date and desired duration of the internship. It should be submitted through our online application form, which can be found below
Application Deadline: 14 June; early submissions encouraged
The International Civil Society Centre helps international civil society organisations (ICSOs) maximise their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world.
The Centre works with ICSOs to successfully navigate change. We scan the horizon for opportunities and threats; enable learning and cooperation among ICSOs and their stakeholders; support ICSOs in developing effective leadership; and promote robust accountability to strengthen ICSOs’ legitimacy. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned by the organisations it serves. We strive to set high standards in management, governance and strategy for ICSOs and the wider sector.
The Centre is currently offering an internship for 6 months in the Communications and Fundraising Team!
Your Learnings and Tasks
You will gain in-depth insights in the fields of communication and fundraising in ICSOs by following the everyday work of the team. You will learn how to use social media in a communications strategy, how to approach donors, how to use appealing communication formats to attract external audiences, and more!
Your main tasks include:
- Planning and preparing posts for our social media channels, selecting or creating accompanying images, monitoring and updating our website and social media networks;
- Flagging messages on social media channels that require urgent responses;
- Supporting the fundraising activities of the Centre, including donor research, organisation of meetings and calls, and preparation of funding applications;
- Researching background information on relevant topics for the civil society sector, such as youth engagement, governance, inequality, and climate change
As an intern, you will mainly work with the Fundraising and Communications Team, but you will also have opportunities to get to know other areas of the Centre’s work.
- Enrolment in an ongoing study programme (“Immatrikulationsbescheinigung”)
- Ideally, your programme requires a compulsory internship (“Pflichtpraktikum”)
- Studies in a relevant field, such as Communications/Marketing or Political Science/International Relations
- Interest in the civil society sector and familiarity with key concepts in the sectors
- Very good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Diligent, reliable and focused way of working with a strong attention to detail
- Strong teamwork and self-starter skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; German skills are an asset
- Proactively research and prepare for a visa or residency permit application in Germany, if needed
- A 6 month internship
- Work experience and a thorough insight into the management and programme development of an international non-profit organisation
- Insights into the civil society sector and the work of the world’s largest ICSOs
- The opportunity to be part of a international, dynamic and ambitious organisation with enthusiastic colleagues
Working hours: 40 hrs per week, negotiable
Holidays: depending on working days, based on 26 holidays p.a.
Compensation: € 350 per month for a full-time internship
Location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: as soon as possible
Your application should:
- consist of a CV and cover letter expressing your motivation and what you would aim to learn during your internship (in English);
- include the earliest possible starting date and desired duration of the internship;
- be submitted through our online application form ideally by 14 June. Please submit your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference “Internship” in the document title.
We have interviews on a rolling basis, so please don’t hesitate to apply! Please also note that we can unfortunately only contact short-listed candidates.