Position: Finance Manager - FM201701
Contract period/Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply: Your application should consist of a CV and cover letter expressing your motivation, enclose relevant certificates, one reference including their contact details, and include your salary expectations and the possible starting date. It should be submitted
through our online application form by 11 January 2018 at the latest.
Please send your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference OC201701 in the document title. Application via email will not be accepted.
Application deadline: 11 January 2018
The International Civil Society Centre (the Centre) works with international civil society organisations (ICSOs) to develop strategies to successfully navigate change. We scan the horizon for exciting opportunities; enable learning and cooperation among ICSOs and their stakeholders; support ICSOs in developing effective leadership; and promote robust accountability to strengthen ICSOs’ legitimacy. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned by the organisations it serves. We strive to set high standards in management, governance and strategy for ICSOs and the wider sector.
The Centre is
currently offering a position as Finance Manager.
We are looking for a qualified individual who wants to apply their finance and administration skills to a dynamic and innovative organisation, aiming to improve the work of the world’s leading ICSOs. Working directly with the Deputy Executive Director the Finance Manager is responsible for the effective and reliable functioning and further professional development of all financial procedures at the Centre. As the Centre continuously develops its international activities and financing strategy, the position offers the opportunity to take the lead in further developing the Centre’s finance management, including budgeting, accounting and banking. We offer a full-time position but would consider part-time applications.
- Planning, administering and monitoring the Centre’s finances
- Day-to-day bookkeeping and financial administration in cooperation with the team, including processing payments and invoices, updating relevant financial information and payroll administration in cooperation with external service providers
- Coordination and oversight of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Preparation of end of year accounts and external audit process in close cooperation with external tax advisers and auditors
- Preparation of financial reports for internal and external use, including updates for Board and Shareholders
- Coordination of the Board’s Finance Committee, including preparation and follow-up of decisions and meetings
- Oversight of project budgets and reports submitted to donors in close cooperation with other team members
- Maintaining and further developing financial and administrative procedures to improve efficiency
- Main contact person for bank, tax advisor etc.
The Finance Manger reports to the Deputy Executive Director but works with all team members on a daily basis.
What we are looking for
A motivated team member with the following profile:
- Relevant qualification or work experience in finance and administration
- About two years work experience in financial administration, ideally with some experience or strong interest in the non-profit sector
- Self-starter, ambitious, reliable and well organised individual with a readiness to take on ownership and responsibility
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills with strong attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to work both in a team and independently
- Strong communication skills (written/spoken), both in English and German
- Excellent MS Office skills, in particular Excel
- Experience with bookkeeping software, preferably Datev, is an asset
- Basic knowledge of German taxation and non-profit regulation is an asset
- A permanent contract after a 6 months’ probation period
- The opportunity to contribute to a more effective civil society sector
- The possibility to actively contribute to the development of an innovative and ambitious organisation which supports the world’s top ICSOs
- The opportunity to further develop and improve financial and administrative processes to increase the efficiency of the organisation
- Working directly with some of our partner organisations and the Centre’s Finance Committee
- A team-oriented and international work environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic colleagues striving for excellence
Working hours: 40 hours/week in a full-time position
Holidays: 26 days p.a.
Location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: as soon as possible
Your application should:
- consist of a CV and cover letter expressing your motivation
- enclose relevant certificates and at least one reference, including contact details
- include your salary expectations and the possible starting date
- be submitted through our online application form by 11 January 2018 at the latest. Please send your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference FM201701 in the document title. As we are looking to fill the position as soon as possible, we encourage early applications.
Please note that we can only consider candidates with a work permit for the EU.
Interviews will take place on 17 and 18 January 2018 in Berlin but we will consider interviewing promising candidates throughout the application period.
We look forward to receiving your application!