- Scanning the Horizon: Imagining Feminist Futures After COVID-19
19th May 2021
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
We will be running another Scanning the Horizon futures community session on ‘Inclusive and Equitable Futures’ using the fantastic new toolkit for Imagining Feminist Futures After COVID-19 developed by the International Women’s Development Agency (IWDA). Please see our reflections from our first workshop in February here.
This toolkit enables feminist organisations and networks to think through the ways in which the COVID-19 crisis is changing the future trajectories – both positive and negative – for feminist social change towards the year 2030.
In this session, participants will experience a virtual workshop using this methodology and experience the value of running it with your own audiences, to bring diverse people together to apply their own futures thinking and scenario building.
The workshop will be facilitated by International Civil Society Centre programme staff following IWDA’s methodology. We are expecting 10-15 colleagues from different organisations, and would like to invite a mixture of strategists, foresighters and gender leads. The sessions are interactive, with a high degree of small-group breakout working.
The outcome of the group’s thinking will be documented as a Miro board and shared with other workshop findings through the Centre and IWDA’s websites as part of out joint commitment to knowledge management and sharing lessons.
- Pre-reading (45 minutes)
- Basic familiarity with Miro whiteboarding software (Support available)
- Open to members of the Scanning the Horizon community
- The session will be run in English
Agenda – Wednesday 19 May – 16:00-19:00 CEST
- 10 Minutes Welcome, introductions and centring exercise
- 15 Minutes Housekeeping, icebreaker
- 45 Minutes Sense-making with global trends + privileging forces (breakouts)
- 05 Minutes Futures wheel explainer with worked example
- 10 Minutes Break
- 30 Minutes Futures wheels exercise (breakouts)
- 15 Minutes Futures wheel discoveries (breakouts)
- 15 Minutes Futures wheel report back
- 15 Minutes Imagining feminist futures scenario writing (breakouts)
- 15 Minutes Imagining feminist futures report back
- 05 Minutes Close