- Online (Zoom)
28th June 2022 - 30th June 2022
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
📅 28-30 June 2022, 🕟12:00-16:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time).
You may check this time zone converter for your corresponding local time.
The peer event for Directors of Divisions: HR, Policy/Advocacy, Programmes
The International Civil Society Centre will again convene Global Heads of Divisions of international civil society organisations (ICSOs) for high-level strategic discussions on joint challenges, global trends and best practices. We will be welcoming the following groups again in 2022:
- Human Resources (HR) Directors, who have met annually since 2019.
- Policy/Advocacy Directors, who have met annually since 2016.
- Programme Directors, who have met annually since 2018.
Leading Together presents a unique chance for these senior leaders to meet, network with and learn from their peers in other organisations. Peers have the opportunity to explore topics of common interest, identify areas for concrete collaboration, exchange advice and discuss how to jointly inspire and lead change in the sector.
Event Format and Focus
Leading Together 2022 offers two programmed days, each with two separate but interlinked convening elements:
- Joint sessions: Space to explore, discuss and shape burning issues related to the future of the civil society sector – with all participants. For 2022, these joint sessions will share experiences from ICSOs which are ‘leading new leadership’ in our sector, either exploring or already innovating committed change in response to leadership trends emerging out of the COVID-19 pandemic driving organisations to be ‘fitter for the future’.
- Parallel meetings: Space for peer exchange and exploration of collaboration – in parallel groups of Directors. There will be two substantive peer sessions for each director’s group, focusing on different topics depending on their specific interest:
Each of the two programmed days will include both elements. The third day will be optional, for each peer group to meet more informally if they so decide, as sub-groups on specific issues or topics, as guided by the relevant Steering Group and prospective participants by the end of April.
What will peer participants get out of Leading Together?
- A deeper understanding of new types of leadership principles or models which ICSOs are exploring to be ‘fitter for the future’, emerging out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Inspiration, guidelines or tools depending on specific group topics.
- An extended network of peers from ICSOs and other organisations.
- Ideas for potential areas of collaboration, support and/or exchange.
- Opportunities for peer problem-solving, advice or joint planning and strategising for specific issues you are seeking support on.
What have previous peer participants got out of Leading Together?
Leading Together Overall (2019)
- ‘Space to discuss common challenges and potential solutions [and] joint action points
- ‘The collaborative spirit and safe conversations were highly appreciated’
- ‘Having time to think about strategic leadership, good thought and direction input from others’
HR Directors (2021)
- ‘A community of HR professionals in our sector that can tap into each other for ideas and support’
- ‘Exchange between peer organisations [is]…highly relevant and helps a lot for further development’
Policy/Advocacy Directors (2020-21)
- ‘The opportunity to discuss with policy directors from around the world is hugely inspiring; seeing how others deal with the crisis is very helpful and reassuring’
- ‘Good inputs, great discussion, sufficient depth and no DevSpeak overload…’
Programme Directors (2021)
- ‘There’s always something you can learn from peers you’ve never met before!’
- ‘[A network where] we’re all dealing with similar challenges’
The price for one ticket is 250€ per person but if your organisation is registering an individual in two or more of the groups, we would be happy to provide you with a 50€ discount on each ticket.
One ticket = 250€
Two tickets – 400€ (200€ + 200€)
Please contact Ryan Stanton to find out more.