The Centre is looking for a research consultant to support its Solidarity Action Network (SANE) by capturing three to five case studies looking at how international civil society organisations (ICSOs) and CSOs have dealt with cyberattacks and digital risks. This will be an extension of the Solidarity Playbook – a collection of case studies and best practices on strategies, resilience, and solidarity mechanisms – with a topical focus on cybersecurity.
SANE focuses on strengthening resilience of and solidarity among civil society actors when faced with civic space restrictions or changing operating conditions. It connects organisations across all sub-sectors and brings them into discussions on civic space challenges and opportunities.
The Solidarity Playbook is an integral part of SANE with a focus on collecting case studies and best practices to help other ICSOs respond to undue scrutiny and challenges, and to enable learning on how to act in solidarity with civil society actors, particularly local partners.
The Centre is commissioning a consultant to:
- Review and adjust the existing framework of the Solidarity Playbook case studies to accommodate the topical focus on cybersecurity.
- Conduct desk review and analysis of any written documentation (either publicly available or made available by contributing organisations).
- Conduct interviews with case study partners.
- Produce drafts of three to five case studies in a written form, including executive summary.
- Refine the case studies based on feedback received from the case study partners, the Centre and the CyberPeace Institute.
- Submit final case studies.
The Centre invites qualified individuals to submit a proposal for the requested services. The application needs to be submitted by 25 July 2022.
If you meet the selection criteria, please submit your application to Eva Gondorová including:
- Cover letter (no more than 3 pages), including:
• A brief description of your experience and expertise in the field that illustrates
your overall qualifications and capabilities for this scope of work, including two
examples of your previous comparable work
• Your consultancy rate (amount in EUR/day) and amount of working days
- Your CV
- Two references that can be contacted should you be shortlisted.